By definition nutrition means “the process of providing or obtaining the food necessary for health and growth.” However I believe that nutrition is made of essential core ingredients that fuel our bodies, minds, hearts and spirits.
This includes nourishment from food, love, pleasure, community, joy, and adventure.
When we think of nutrition we often think of it in terms of food, calories, carbs, protein, fats, vitamins, and minerals. Some relate to nutrition as calorie counting, low fat, “diet” food and no fun. Diet often has the connotation of deprivation. No wonder we as a society find “diets” difficult if not impossible to maintain. In fact I prefer not to use the word diet to describe what and how we eat. Eating is an experience… it is nourishment AND pleasure.
Whole body nutrition is not just about what we put in our mouths, but what we feed our minds, how we feel about what we eat, and what we read, digest mentally, emotionally and spiritually. It starts with the mindset that what you consume affects all aspects of your being.
Once we heal our relationship with food for all the ways we consumed it to fill the void that we may have been lacking in our daily life, THEN we can begin to create a new relationship with food that embodies nourishment on all levels.
- Eating whole foods to feel whole
- Food as Medicine
- Mindful Eating- the heart of not only what we eat, but how we eat
- Preparing and Effective planning
- Staying connected to bigger vision of yourself from a place of devotion rather than discipline.
- Fuel our minds – media, knowledge, reading, aware of inner language, aware of focus (fear based or supports holistic being)
- Fuel our hearts- receiving love, affection, connection to life…cycle of giving and receiving
- Breath-fuel for bringing the sensory (goals, intention) to visible (embody, expression, chi, energy)
- Fuel our Bodies – nourishment from food AND exercise for longevity, optimal energy, vitality, effective metabolism, happy hormones, and a juicy sex life!
Personal Nutrition Plan $150
Kitchen Revamp (2 hours) $175
Shopping Field Trip (1.5 hours) $150